Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Soundbeam Reading

I had never heard of soundbeam before, and when I saw the composition that Arty did with it I was amazed at what was able to be done with this technology. Although, I'm sure, there are limitations, the idea and concept that is currently at hand is amazing, and I am extremely impressed at what can be done with students with mentally disabilities. This would be a great way to let students who cannot participate in ensembles physically still be involved with music in their schools.

I did feel, however, that this seems pretty advanced, and could be rather expensive for schools to purchase. My only concern would be teachers who wanted this for their students, but could not get it due to sufficient funding. Other than that hats off to soundbeam! Seems like an excellent technology that would be really helpful to students with disabilities!

1 comment:

  1. I think this is only the beginning of technologies that can help students with physical and learning disabilities experience and participate in music.

    ReplyDelete