Thursday, November 12, 2009

GIMP Software Review

Throughout the week I have been exploring GIMP, and have even used it to enhance a few of my own photos. GIMP is not hard to use after exploring it for a while. Many of the concepts though were confusing in the videos until I actually did them for myself and applied them. What I was told in class was that GIMP is basically a "free version of photoshop." When I heard this I thought, "well ok, its free how great can it really be...?" I was proved wrong after exploring the program. Its a great program that is relatively easy to learn. I would definitely suggest it to any students or colleagues who need to alter their photos for whatever reason!

1 comment:

  1. GIMP and other open source software can really help tight budgets, both personal and school. They are also a tremendous resource for students, who can download these applications at home and complete school projects, etc. without having to incur a large expense. Check out some of the other programs that are available.

    ReplyDelete