Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Noteflight!

Noteflight is an online notating software that is free. When I first started using it I found it easy to work through and did not even need to use the tutorials. The program was much easier to use than Finale was when I started using it. It was much easier to add instruments and to edit score information, as opposed to other programs where you have to set those aspects in stone when you start writing a piece. Also, I like how Noteflight stores your scores on the internet, so you can easily access scores at computers outside of your home. Overall Noteflight is a successful easy program to use!

http://www.noteflight.com/scores/view/67990824d7d4010837775e54d8b92c4854021ed5

2 comments:

  1. I agree that this program is much easier to pick up without user guides or tutorials than some other notation programs, suggesting a greater application for classroom use. It is of course much faster to use with shortcuts, which may take a bit of time for students to use fluently. I think its best feature is accessibility from any computer. (When you have a chance, enter some lyrics into your Bicycle Built for Two score so that you have some experience with that feature.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Noteflight is proving to be a very popular program within our class. In my opinion, the best feature is that you can access in anywhere, just like you said. I just finished adding my four bars into our collaborative composition, and I love how it can happen anywhere and anytime.

    ReplyDelete